Great neighbours make great neighbourhoods.
2012 Good Neighbour Awards Nominations
Nominations Open: February 15, 2012
Nominations Close: March 31, 2012
Winners will be recognized May 15, 2012 at City Hall during Connections 2012, a trade-show style event connecting Edmontonians to City programs, projects and services that help make neighbourhoods great.
Good Neighbour Awards 2012
What are the Good Neighbour Awards?
The Good Neighbour Awards is an open call for all citizens of Edmonton to nominate a neighbour in their community who is helping achieve a vibrant and connected neighbourhood.
Who are Good Neighbours?
Good Neighbours can be individuals of any age, couples, families or groups. Actions of a good neighbour can be anything from helping an individual neighbour to motivating the neighbourhood to address a local issue or hosting a neighbourhood event. Good neighbours help to build connections between people and create a sense of community.
There are two categories of recognition:
One good neighbour will be chosen from each of the City’s 12 electoral wards.
One group will be chosen city-wide.
Award entries demonstrate compelling, unique, or motivating stories about the actions your good neighbour takes that improves the quality of life in your community. From small gestures to big actions, tell us what your good neighbour does that would inspire other Edmontonians to get to know their neighbours and be active in their community.
2012 Good Neighbour Awards Criteria
- The nominee lives within Edmonton city limits.
- The nominee contributes to the neighbourhood by modeling community spirit.
- The nominee shows concern for their neighbourhood’s well-being and the quality of life in the neighbourhood.
- The actions of the nominee enhance the beauty or safety of their neighbourhood.
- The actions of the nominee demonstrate collaboration with additional community members and stakeholders.
This criteria is for Neighbourhood Achievement category only
Brought to You By…